Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!




I know what EVERYONE'S been thinking..."When will Lisa begin to tell us everything about her life?!" Well, first off, I've only had a couple posts previous, so I figure I can't do any worse than that! Second, I'm honestly tired of doing homework all the time so maybe I should just blog rather read from my World Literature book.
What's new? Hmmmm Paris and I bought a foreclosure back in July and have recently decided to change our carpet downstairs to wood laminate. It looks great! Well, at least the finished part does. We began tearing up our original flooring about Jan 13th, and here we are today, Feb 17, and we still have about 200 sqft left. Ah the beauty of having a husband who insists of doing things all by himself. For those of you who know my family well, know that I come from a family where my dad believed in paying professionals to get the job done right and fast. Paris comes from the complete opposite family! Yay for married life and having old traditions clashing! But seriously, what's done looks great. I know it's difficult for Paris, who works and goes to school full time, to find time on the side to do this.
Scout is back in the picture. He was my dog, then he sort of was but we leased him to my parents for a while who are now returned him back to me since November. I love dog poop. Not really.
I work 2 part time jobs. 1. Receptionist: Ok job, I answer phones and do my homework all day so not too shabby. 2. Tutor for high school students at a new virtual high school called Beacon Academy of NV. Yes, some kids really are punks but they don't stay too long. Some students are a lot of fun to work with! I used to teach 6 year old how to read "cat" all day long. Granted, some high school students aren't too far advanced from that, but any thing's better than that for 5 hours straight! I'm a 5th year senior at UNLV graduating May '11 in Health Care Administration. My thoughts on healthcare reform?? Government ran/funded=CRAP!
Paris is a full time marketer for Compassion Care Hospice. Yes HOSPICE! He is also working in my healthcare field but whatever! He loves it and is great at his job that's for sure. He's a Marketing major graduating same time as me...hopefully. Well that's us in a nutshell. Let's see how long I can actually keep my blog up and running. :)
Here's some photos of yours truly and one of the whole fam on Christmas. I know they're a little outdated but c'mon, what do you expect from me?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE dads face in the first picture! I don't think I have seen that one before! ha hahaha! Oh and......FINALLLLY!

    ReplyDelete