Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Is time still moving??

Well, I'm due in 2.5 weeks and that seems like an eternity to me right now. Everything was going great and fast up until a couple of weeks ago! It was then when my body basically said, "I'm done being pregnant." (Of course if it really said that I would've had my baby by now but that would be a little too much to ask.) Here's a pic of me at 36 weeks. People say I look good for how far I am but believe me, I'm big enough to where it's hard to get up without help and bathroom trips occur about every hour!

Luckily I've finally finished my internship at Harmon Medical & Rehab Hospital last Thursday - thank goodness! The last couple of weeks were rough staying at work all day long and wearing uncomfortable clothes. No I didn't buy maternity work pants soyou can imagine they were starting to get a little tight towards the end. All I need to do now is write 2 papers by next Tuesday then enjoy my baby girl. Sounds simple, right?

Paris and I have just taken a spoonful of reality when we had our baby shower this past weekend. Yes it's very exciting to have such cute clothes and baby necessities but the killer comes when you realize you have to buy all of the remaining bigger items: Monitor, travel system, dresser/changing table, glider, crib, bedding...you know what I mean. What have I been doing the past few days? Price matching! YAY! (there needs to be a symbol for sarcasm here).

I hate shopping. Shopping online is worse because I need to see things up close and in my hands for me to really get it. Sounds weird but it's true; I have issues people. Looking for decent cribs/dressers online is not fun because sure, they look nice, but once you see it in person you can really see how flimsy or cheap it can be. I don't like that. I need to know exactly what I'm getting so I can decide if I want it or not. Good thing I've been sick for the past week too. It really makes it that much easier to go out and about driving around town for these awesomely expensive necessities for such a tiny human being. Can you tell I'm a procrastinator? I really wish I didn't wait this long to do all the "hard work" but I thought I had more time.

Am I nesting? I'm not sure. Maybe? I really want to get a lot of things done but there's always some reason why I can't complete my task. For example: I can't wash the baby clothes because I have no dresser to put them in. It really makes me wonder if I'm ready to be a mom right now... still have no names (or even an idea of a name!), missing some of the basics, am I ready to do feedings every 2-3 hours?? All I know is: there's no turning back, and even idiots have babies. That's what my sister said and I think I'll be saying that to myself a lot these next couple of months. "If idiots can do this, so can I." lol.

This was more of a 'downer' for a post I guess but it's true. This baby is bringing about a lot of change so she better be so dang cute for it to all be worth it!!

3 comments:

  1. CALL ME! ILL COME HELP YOU! I DONT HAVE A LOT OF SPARE TIME BUT I MISS YOUR FAT BUTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she'll be worth it! But remember to start with just the necessary things. Changing tables are really nice but not a necessity. I never had one with Drake. I just changed him on the floor, or you could get a lower dresser and just use a changing pad like Sarah did. That could save you a couple hundred bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi cuz! I cant believe your pregnancy is almost over, that is super exciting. I have a few cute girl name ideas for you like paisley, presley, and one that is a secret! Choosing a name is such a hard decision. I hope everything goes smooth for you and i cant wait to see pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete