Monday, May 2, 2011

Life With a Baby...







Wow. I cannot believe it's already been 8 weeks since Maya was born! I know it sounds to cliche but time really does fly when you're taking care of a baby. I'm so blessed that I'm able to stay home with her. Even though I'm home a lot more, there's still always things to be done and obviously it takes about 10 times longer with her. Especially lately Maya has been more alert and awake now. I love it because she has such big beautiful eyes and she loves to smile. At the same time it's hard because she emands more attention while she's awake! All I can say is thank goodness for her swing and new Easter toy- the activity mat which she LOVES.

I'm posting some of her newborn pics. I need to upload my camera with more current photos of her. You can always check my fb because Every now and then I upload pics of her directly from my phone. It's amazing how different she looks now compared to 6 weeks ago. She's losing some hair in the back (thank goodness it's so long you can't really tell!) She's at the stage where she's putting on some weight. She's about 11 lbs which is huge for me. I know most of you laught but she was 6lbs 15 oz when she was born so yes, this is definitely much bigger!

I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I do! I absolutely love her and simply can't get enough. I did seriously contemplate getting pregnant again right away so I could have another baby just like her so soon. Then I realized I'm so happy not being pregnant and I need to enjoy Maya 100%. I also need to savor the fact that she sleeps through the night. That's right people-since day 1 she's been excellent. It began with abou 5 hrs then to 8 hrs. A couple nights ago she did 12 hrs 2 nights in a row!! Basically Maya is a champ and knows how to sleep like a true De La Paz should!! :)

1 comment: